Over the past few years considerable research has been undertaken on the use of light pipes as transport devices or light emitters.
Roof dome are made from Bohemian Crystal and practically don’t age compared to plastic domes.
- Crystal has great capacity for collecting daylight when there is cloud cover.
- Crystal domes don’t distort the natural colors of daylight.
Light way chose sodium potassium glass for the ceiling diffusers of incoming light.
- Other producers make this feature from plastic, which means faster aging and the danger of color distortion in the incoming daylight.
- There is a difference visible to the eye between plastic and glass diffusers.
Amount of light: due to physical laws, it delivers very little light. For this kind, the name “dark pipe” has been created
- Construction companies like to use it as a substitute for a light pipe because its price is a third of a light pipe which shines.
- It works only in direct sunlight.